Sustainable Hackney combines the forces of Hackney Environment Forum, Hackney Environment Network and the Ecoactive Yahoo group. Our mission is to support local environmental organisations, co-ordinate activities and bring far greater urgency to addressing climate change and protecting our local environment.
Sustainable Hackney has developed the Greenprint for Hackney which sets out our vision of a sustainable future for our borough.
Our workstreams support the Greenprint and are lead by members of our steering group. We have helped set up Hackney Green Drinks, Hackney Fixers and Hackney Food Partnership and we support a number of other projects through the active involvement of our steering group including EcoActive, Hackney Energy, Divest Hackney
Many of our members represent other organisations and our website, Twitter feed and Facebook page help to network local groups and keep people informed of our work.
We provide webpages for Tree Musketeers, Hackney Marsh User Group and Hackney Tree Nursery. We are members of the Hackney Community Empowerment Network.
To work to protect and enhance the environment and create a sustainable community and to contribute to social, economic and environmental justice locally and globally.
- To bring together, support and co-ordinate the activities of people and organisations in the London Borough of Hackney to create positive solutions.
- To promote increased awareness and develop understanding of environmental issues and the work of environmental organisations.
- To influence policy and represent views to the local authority and other organisations and to increase co-operation between such organisations and local environmental groups.
- To undertake projects and/or to support and complement the work of others in support of the aim and objects.
- To develop the diversity of our organisation.
Our steering group
Everyone is welcome to come to our monthly meetings Click here for dates. Click here for our full members' group to access meeting minutes.
Our constitution, policies and reports