Do you have green fingers? Are you interested where your food comes from and the rise of urban agriculture? Up to much this summer?
Come join one of London's most exciting sustainable food enterprises for a three month volunteer internship this July, August and September.
In 2010 we transformed a derelict shop in Dalston into an urban food 'Hub', cafe and arts venue - the FARM:shop - complete with mini aquaponic fish farm, rooftop chicken coop and polytunnel.
Called “a thrilling experiment” by the Evening Standard, we've caught the world's imagination with our quest to answer 'how much food can you grow in a shop?', and been featured as far and wide as the New York Times, CNN and China Central Television.
FARM: is sowing seeds in new locations. As well as our home at FARM:shop we now have a ‘vertical garden’ in the heart of Shoreditch and an indoor herb enterprise at the Centre for Better Health.
We're looking for a volunteer to join the team over the summer, three days per week, to help out.
You'll get training in urban growing techniques such as hydroponics and the chance to work on two exciting projects:
- Hackney House FARM:wall: help us run the garden space at an exciting pop-up venue run with Tech City on Shoreditch High Street, that will be hosting high level events, delegations and media over the summer.
- Stean Street: FARM: is working with the Centre for Better Health to establish a small herb growing business, and investigate the social and health benefits of urban farming (RSA funded)
We can offer a contribution of £40/wk to help cover your expenses, with delicious free lunches & coffees thrown in as well!
So if you're:
- passionate about sustainable food, with some past experience of growing things
- want to learn more about urban agriculture and social enterprise
- live (ideally) near the Dalston/Shoreditch area of London or within easy reach.
- have three days a week from July to Sept to offer (flexible on days but reliability is important)
get in touch! We'd love to hear from you.
Applications by 30 June, interviews 9-11 July, start date (ideally) week beginning 16th July.
Please send a CV and cover email to Kristen@somethingandson.com (CC'ing email@example.com) or give us a call/email with any questions: 0203 490 5124. More info on FARM:shop at http://farmlondon.weebly.com/.
Mobile: 07791 205 246
Follow me on Twitter: @michaelbuick
Add a Comment