Time: April 4, 2016 at 9:30am to April 8, 2016 at 4pm
Location: Finsbury Park
Street: Gloucester Drive
City/Town: Finsbury Park
Website or Map: http://www.ediblelandscapeslo…
Event Type: forest gardening, training, food
Organized By: Jo Homan
Latest Activity: Mar 9, 2016
MORE INFO http://www.ediblelandscapeslondon.org.uk/CAFG_5
Imagine growing your own apples, berries, rhubarb and strawberries. Or artichokes, hops, rocket and thyme. By using plants with different heights, you'd be using all the space in your garden. AND with a single blitz of planting, you'd enjoy a rolling harvest throughout the year, every year. Come and learn about forest gardening - a no-dig approach that's kind to wildlife and to your back. Creating A Forest Garden is for people who are truly passionate about plants, especially the edible ones. You can even gain level two qualifications worth 16 credits - a nationally recognised Award in Horticulture and the new 'Creating A Forest Garden' unit.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
* a thorough understanding of forest gardening
* how to design and maintain forest gardens
* how to recognise more than 50 plants - including learning their botanical names
* how to care for, propagate and eat these plants
* the science behind soil, fertility and plant nutrition
* why forest gardens are part of our food production future
NB You will be expected to design a real or imaginary forest garden as part of the course.
* Pre-course reading and essay written by 19th March.
* Friday 1st April 'meet the plants'.
* WEEK ONE: Monday 4th to Friday 8th April 2016, 9am to 4pm, 1.5 hrs directed reading or study at the end of each day.
* Gap of seven weeks
* Friday 20th, Saturday 21st and Sunday 22nd May (12noon-2pm). You must attend at least one of these three tutorials.
* WEEK TWO: Monday 30th May to Friday 3rd June.
* Final design submitted by 17th June 2016.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
Location: The training takes place at Edible Landscapes London in Finsbury Park and at a private address in the Finsbury Park area.
Cost: £500 / £200 concessions (pay by 18th March) and an additional £98.50 if you wish to be marked, assessed and accredited, which is what Certa charges per learner.
More information: Phone 07733 330 379 during the day.
Add a Comment