I have a feeling some of you could make wonderful use of this opportunity (regardless of your feelings about the Olympics!)
From the London Legacy Development Corporation:
The LLDC wishes to invite submissions for proposals for ‘meanwhile uses’ to be delivered on a vacant site at 67 Rothbury Road, next to Hackney Wick station for 4 months during summer and autumn of 2012.
Please see the project brief at the link below for full details. The deadline for proposals is noon on Monday 25th June 2012.
The project objectives are:
1. To support LLDC priority themes through the project (see appendix B), with a particular focus on the theme of ‘Promoting convergence and community participation’ and the associated policies on Community engagement, socio-economic development and sport and healthy living.
2. To build local ownership through meaningful participation and engagement in a variety of ways, in particular to provide meaningful links and connections between the artistic and local residential communities
3. To create opportunities for education, learning, culture and innovation, including to create opportunities for entrepreneurship and longer term business development for individuals and organisations. We encourage the making of connections with other organisations and initiatives and actively encourage collaborations.
4. To make visible and raise the profile of the creative and artistic strengths of the local area and to attract external visitors.
5. To help develop a positive working relationship between the communities in Hackney Wick / Fish Island and the future Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, including by building on existing projects and workstreams which LLDC are supporting.
Being based in Hackney Wick / Fish Island is not a requirement as long as you are able to demonstrate a commitment to working in the area.
Add a Comment