“I'll show you how to become vegan with ease, but also with fun and creativity. Being vegan need not be difficult, if you have the foundational knowledge and a handful of tried, tested and trusted recipes to hand." Anton Petrov, Professional chef at acclaimed restaurants including Titbits and Vanilla Black.
The class will include:
- An introduction to a variety of delicious and nutritious vegan ingredients
- A selection of quick and easy recipes for breakfast, including pancakes and which mylks to put in your cuppa
- Wholefood recipes to create delicious creamy and cheesy flavours and textures, such as bechamel and cheese for gratin
- How to make mouth-watering vegan desserts, cakes and cookies
- Recipes to create hearty meaty flavours and textures using ingredients such as smoked tempeh and tofu
- Learning the health benefits of vegan ingredients and the importance of including fermented foods in your diet
- Plenty of tasty meals and snacks throughout the day
- Delicious plant based recipes to take home
Anton is a professional chef with over ten years’ experience working in a variety of acclaimed restaurants including ‘Acorn Vegetarian Kitchen’, ‘Demuths’, ‘The Gate’, and ‘Tibits’, as well as the prestigious Michelin-Guide recommended ‘Vanilla Black’. Inspired by locally grown seasonal produce (and a committed all year round forager), Anton is deeply passionate about sharing the delights of plant based ethical cooking which, as he puts it, ‘nourishes our bodies, minds and spirits and brings a positive change to the world.’ Anton now runs his own plant based gourmet private event /catering company, as well as teaching cookery at Made In Hackney and Demuths Cookery School.