Forest gardens are a way of growing food in a low-maintenance, productive polyculture which makes the most efficient use of space and natural processes. Learn all about forest gardens and get a qualification on the way on this exciting, NEW 20 week course! You can gain 20 credits and a level 1 or 2 Award in Horticulture. This course is for people who are passionate about plants, especially the edible ones. We cover many things including:
- learning all about over 100 edible plants, including their Latin names!
- learning how to care for, propagate and eat many plants
- the science behind soil, fertility and plant nutrition
- designing and managing a forest garden.
Students will be asked to design a real or imaginary forest garden as part of the course. Starts on the 4th June for 20 weeks, excluding the 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th Aug and 3rd September. Book using the contact form or phone 07733 330 379 for more info (during the day).
This course is subsidised by the Manor House PACT project and is therefore very reasonably priced. For that reason, people living the PACT project area will take priority in the bookings until two weeks before the course runs. (check the map http://www.transitionfinsburypark.org.uk/PACTmap)
- £200 / £50 concessions
- 20 day's volunteering at ELL in advance of each session & help tidying up on training days
- 80 Timebank credits and & help tidying up on training days
- 120 North London LETS pledges and & help tidying up on training days