Forest gardens are a way of growing food in a low-maintenance, productive polyculture which makes the most efficient use of space and natural processes. Learn all about forest gardens and get a qualification on the way on this exciting, NEW 20 week course! You can gain 20 credits and a level 1 or 2 Award in Horticulture. This course is for people who are passionate about plants, especially the edible ones. We cover many things including:
- learning all about over 100 edible plants, including their Latin names!
- learning how to care for, propagate and eat many plants
- the science behind soil, fertility and plant nutrition
- designing and managing a forest garden.
Students will be asked to design a real or imaginary forest garden as part of the course. Starts Saturday 8th June for 20 weeks, excluding the 10th, 17th, 24th and 31st August. Book using the contact form or phone 07733 330 379 for more info (during the day).
The training is being offered as part of a lottery-funded project running in the Manor House area called Manor House PACT. For that reason, people living the PACT project area will take priority in the bookings until two weeks before the course runs. (check the map http://www.transitionfinsburypark.org.uk/PACTmap)
- £200 / £50 concessions
- 20 day's volunteering at ELL in advance of each session & help tidying up on training days
- 80 Timebank credits and & help tidying up on training days
- 120 North London LETS pledges and & help tidying up on training days