Debate and discussion aimed at investigating how ethical consumption can be part of the new fight against racism.
The recent rise in hate crimes has cast a shadow over the UK and we want to explore ways that consumers, businesses and other organisations can respond to this.
The success of the Stop Funding Hate campaign has shown that consumer action can make a difference. We want to learn from their success and see what more we can do as consumers, businesses and organisations to stem the tide racist incidents across the UK.
With Ethical Consumer, Stop Funding Hate and a host of other organisations, businesses, campaigners and activists.
We’ll be discussing market and consumer based solutions including:
- Fairer trade
- Challenging corporate power
- BAME community empowerment to create sustainable brands
- Challenging stereotypes in the media
Plus we’ll be hosting an Ethical Fashion Market and a drinks reception.
Speakers (pictured below) include:
- Charmaine Simpson - Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Black History Studies
- Baroness Young of Hornsey - Independent Cross Bench Peer and social justice campaigner
- Richard Wilson - Founder of Stop Funding Hate
- Francine Mukwaya Sodi - Human Rights Activist and founder of Kitunga Ya Mboka
Also appearing are: School for Social Entrepreneurs, Conscious Advertising Network, and more to be confirmed.