Hackney Energy, first meeting in 2017: Tuesday 28 February, 7.30pm, at The Talbot, Englefield Road.
The sleeping giant that helped launch the Banister House solar farm, awakens!! There's much to discuss:
- Out of control fuel bills have pushed as many as one in six Londoners into fuel poverty. In addition London lags far behind other European cities when it comes to action on climate change.
- In the mayoral election Sadiq Khan promised to set up a non-profit energy company for London, one which delivers clean and affordable power for the city’s citizens. We urgently need him to keep this promise.
- The Mayor will soon be launching Energy for Londoners. Hackney Energy has joined those urging him to put the creation of a public supply company that tackles fuel poverty and generates its own renewable energy at the heart of this scheme.
- London needs a fully-licensed company that has the freedom to set its own affordable tariffs, build its own customer base and reinvest revenue in renewable energy generation and warm homes.
- London’s residents deserve a publicly owned company that is run by and in the interests of Londoners. Measures that allow ordinary people to control the energy system and allow us to build a better company with a long term future.
- Switched on London http://switchedonlondon.org.uk/demand-a-public-energy-company-for-l... is calling on the Mayor to make sure that Energy for Londoners provides affordable energy for all and helps London become a global leader on climate change.